This post may be collaborative and/or contain affiliate links. For more information check out my disclosure policy.
Fall is so close…I can practically taste the pumpkin spice now.
First of all, autumn is one my favorite seasons’ hands down. Because of this, one of my favorite accessories to crochet are headbands. I just love to have them to keep my ears warm on those chilly nights. Recently I created this super cute DIY Crochet Bow Headband Pattern.
The best part? I’m going to tell you how I made it! Feel free to make this yourself, as they make great gifts for your friends and family. Just be sure to share where you got it from 😉
DIY Crochet Bow Headband Pattern – The Daisy Headband:
What You’ll Need:
- Slip stitch (ss)
- Chain (Ch)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Herringbone half double crochet
- (yarn over, insert through stitch, yarn over, pull through [three loops on hook], ss through first loop [2 loops on hook], yarn over, pull through remaining two loops: Use this tutorial!)
DIY Crochet Bow Headband Instructions:
- Ch 65, ss into the first ch. forming a loop.
- Ch2, hdc herringbone stitch into 4th ch from hook. continue around, ss into the first stitch.
- Repeat 6 more times (7 rows total).
- Ss around the top. Fasten off.
- Ch 40. Ss into the first ch creating a loop.
- Ch 1, Sc into the same loop.
- Sc 2 in next two stitches, hdc herringbone 15 times.
- Sc 5. Hdc 15 times.
- Sc 2, ss into the first stitch.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for 7 more rows. Fasten off.
- Ch 100 and fasten off. Wrap around the bow and one side of headband several times [it’s best to do it at the headband seem to cover it up], and tie together.
- Weave in ends.
*You Might Also Like: My Crochet Summer Crochet Pattern here!*
And that’s it! Like I said, so cute and it’s perfect to keep your ears warm when the weather starts getting cold.
If you have any questions or comments ask away in the comment section!